BDK Advokati advises Waberer’s International on the acquisition of MDI

As announced on the Budapest Stock Exchange (BSE) on Friday, Waberer’s International acquired 55% shareholding in Serbian company MD International (MDI), with an option to acquire the remaining 45%. The purchase price was not disclosed.

Waberer’s is the largest road transport company in Hungary and one of the largest road freight transport companies in Europe, operating a fleet of 3,500 trucks. It has a presence in Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland and the UK.

MDI has positioned itself as a significant player in Serbia’s distribution industry, with brands such as Henkel, Vileda, Wilkinson Sword, and Pionir.

The transaction is expected to close by the end of the year.

BDK Advokati, represented by senior partner Vladimir Dašić and junior associate Milan Popović, acted for Waberer’s on this transaction.


Photo by Aron Yigin on Unsplash.